Heh (: I have no problem with those emails being published.

Just for clarification: I do believe that there is value in some
confidential and 1-on-1 communications. Where I think there is room for
change is with regards to a governing body of an open-source organization
(in this case, the WMF board) limiting access to so many of its official
deliberations. I would strongly prefer that official deliberations of a
governing body be open to the public. I feel that public deliberations
provide important benefits: more credibility, reduction of the risks of
groupthink, encouragement of civility in meetings, and increased
accountability to the public.

I'm happy to provide further details on Washington State laws on open
meetings and public records. Generally I feel that they provide good
guidance. There are exceptions, for example in the cases of attorney-client
privileged information, personnel matters, or deliberations about pending
property acquisitions. I feel that the reasons for the exceptions are
generally well designed, and it's important that closed-door official
meetings are the exception rather than the norm.

Pine