Hi Tobias,

Like Maggie, I was not surprised that people (both men and women) were
reporting revenge porn because I know of reports in the Wikimedia
community, but like her I was surprised that this survey showed
revenge porn being reported by this many people.

But it is not surprising that the people who experienced the worst
types of harassment, or type that the WMF and wikimedia community is
the least able to address would respond to this survey.

Without further verification, I would not suggest the 65% figure to be
representative of the whole wikimedia community of people who are
harassed. Most people understand that this type of survey sample would
not produce results that are representative of the whole community.

But it does show an example of a type of extreme harassment that
poorly understood by the community. This information can help educate
the WMF and the wikimedia community, and hopefully will help find
better ways of assisting the people being harassed.

Sydney

Sydney Poore
User:FloNight
Wikipedian in Residence