May I add that it is usually considered somewhat distasteful to direct
private emails to a public list, without the explicit permission of the
original author?

Oliver's point is also salient; while obviously we need to be clear about
what we say, organisational matters don't take place in a vacuum.  The way
we pitch our criticism affects real people with real emotions.  We should
take care with what we say so that no unnecessary distress is caused.

Cheers,
Craig