From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
James Salsman
Sent: Friday, 04 November 2016 7:19 AM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] DEITYBOUNCE and reader logs (was Re: Introducing
Victoria Coleman, WMF Chief Technology Officer)

Katherine Maher wrote:

>... If you have further questions about Victoria’s work with the U.S.
> Department of Defense, it is/should soon be a matter of U.S.
> Congressional record. Her findings and recommendations will also  be a
>matter of public record, as all government work should be.
> However, the U.S. Congress isn’t always the speediest of
>institutions, so we will also keep an eye on when they publish  further
>information.

Well, it's in the New York Times under her maiden name:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/22/world/threats-responses-surveillance-terror-tracking-agency-weighed-but-discarded-plan.html

"The Pentagon research agency that is exploring how to create a vast database
of electronic transactions and analyze them for potential terrorist activity
considered but rejected another surveillance idea:
tagging Internet data with unique personal markers to make anonymous use of
some parts of the Internet impossible....

"The plan, known as eDNA, called for developing a new version of the Internet
that would include enclaves where it would be impossible to be anonymous while
using the network....

"Darpa awarded a $60,000 contract to SRI International, a research concern
based in Menlo Park, Calif., to investigate the concept. SRI then convened the
workshop in August to evaluate its feasibility....

"The workshop was led by Mr. Blaze and Dr. Victoria Stavridou, an SRI computer
scientist, one of those who had originally discussed the eDNA concept with
Darpa officials....

"At one point, Mr. Blaze reported to the group that he had been ''fired'' by
Dr. Stavridou, of SRI, from his appointed role of writing the report presenting
that consensus.

"In e-mail messages, several participants said they believed that Dr.
Stavridou was hijacking the report and that the group's consensus would not be
reported to Darpa....

"Dr. Stavridou told the other panelists, 'Darpa asked SRI to organize the
meeting because they have a deep interest in technology for identifying network
miscreants and revoking their network privileges.'...."

Also I would like to know what "Orwellian philosophy" is
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF01211002