We regularly take action against websites offering Wikipedia paid editing
services when they use the Wikipedia puzzle globe or other Wikimedia
trademarks <https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_trademarks>[1]
in a way that could suggest to visitors that their services are offered or
sanctioned by Wikipedia. We receive reports of potential trademark
infringement, primarily through the trademark abuse form
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contact/licenseabuse>[2] and
emails to legal-tm-...@wikimedia.org. We evaluate each report and take
action as appropriate. If it is a case of parody or nominative use
<https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Trademark_policy#policy-nominativeuse>[3],
we may send an email asking them to include a notice that they are
unaffiliated with Wikipedia and, if, necessary, to include proper Creative
Commons attribution. If it is a case of actual infringement that could
confuse the public, we contact them to ask that they remove the marks from
their websites. In our cease-and-desist messages to paid editing websites,
we remind them of the terms of use disclosure requirements. In some cases
of trademark infringement, we can also file complaints under the Uniform
Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Domain-Name_Dispute-Resolution_Policy>[4]
seeking to cancel or claim their domain name registrations.

Best,
Charles M. Roslof

[1] https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_trademarks
[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contact/licenseabuse
[3]
https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Trademark_policy#policy-nominativeuse
[4]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Domain-Name_Dispute-Resolution_Policy

==
Charles M. Roslof
Legal Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation
cros...@wikimedia.org
(415) 839-6885

NOTICE: This message might have confidential or legally privileged
information in it. If you have received this message by accident, please
delete it and let us know about the mistake. As an attorney for the
Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical reasons I cannot give legal advice
to, or serve as a lawyer for, community members, volunteers, or staff
members in their personal capacity. For more on what this means, please see
our legal disclaimer
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>.