As someone who supports community central notice campaigns, I must point
out that this list is not the appropriate venue for any discussion that
aims to arrive at any decision relating to such a banner campaign and any
thread here would in no way directly result in such action. There are
precedents in this area for campaigns that relate to policy or political
causes and for internal purposes some of these have been codified as part
of the following guidance:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Legal/Foundation_Policy_and_Political_Association_Guideline#Promotional_Use_of_Website_Assets

From a community perspective it would be expected for discussions to occur
on wiki and there be a clear and present need to establish a firm consensus
via RfC. Said RfC would focus on whether action on a particular topic
should or should not take place, it's nature and scale. There would also
need to be discussions and approvals internally for any campaign as
detailed in the guidance above.

Regards

Seddon