Hoi,
When we learned that one of our own was in a prison in Syria, we could not
care less. A lot of words were spend on expressing how sad it was but no,
we could do nothing about this because this would be "political".

For me it is proof how little we as a community care about our own. For me
the same is valid for the employees who either can no longer go home or can
no longer come to our office. People object because either "it is politics"
or "we have not been consulted. As far as I am concerned, when Jimmy was to
think of Wikipedia in these days, our office would be in London. We are an
international organisation and what happens in the USA is only relevant for
the effect it has on our activities.

We are going to spend money on fighting the "others" but I fear that the
effect of arming the fight will only make for more collateral damage. In
the official documentation it is all about tooling and there is little on
how it will be discovered how we can defang the battle.

These things go together. When on the one hand we do not care about our
own, we are likely to ignore collateral damage and retract even more behind
the walls that we have build around ourselves.

NB this is posted because "there was no argument".. It is really clever to
disagree when you have not seen the argument.

Thanks,
       GerardM