To stay short and in addition of Seddon said: The more the Wikimedia
movement/WMF chooses to pick a side by using a banner above all projects
(like Wikipedia) - calling yes/no for a strike is taking a side - the more
it can loose credibility. For the same reason as we do not want
advertisements, we do not want to take any sides, because that can directly
damage Wikipedia as being neutral, as well as being independent, and more.
Therefore banners for advocacy are not done.

The only exception of having advocacy banners is in some exceptional cases
where all other efforts where insufficient, and the specific legislation
would have with implementation a direct influence on the key principles of
Wikipedia (or other Wikimedia project). Even in such cases there need to be
a local team that is completely informed about the situation, that is in
direct communication with the legal department of WMF, with a common
understanding between them, with a clear timeline, community approval (!)
and even then we need to be as neutral as possible, not calling for action
but informing why something would directly influence Wikipedia (etc).