I tend to think that we stay away from writing about Wikipedia topics in
Wikipedia too much, but I agree with the notability concerns - hence why I've
started the page in user space rather than article space. If notability is
proven (which isn't just a factor of how much money the endowment has), then
perhaps it can be moved to article space. It's still an interesting/useful way
of summarising the available info about the endowment, I think (at least for
myself).

Thanks,
Mike
P.S. to be clear, I'm not a paid editor!