I'm curious about what is meant by "advanced permissions" here. If that
refers to translation administrator permissions, I have fewer concerns
about that than I would about admin or CU/OS permissions.

In general, I'm wary of WMF encroachment on Meta. Placing resources on Meta
that the community will use is fine and good, but WMF taking unilateral
actions that circumvent community processes may be inappropriate. For that
reason, I would like to see most requests for WMF accounts to get
permissions of admin or higher for community wikis go through the same
community vetting process as community members do.

Pine