Von: Wikimedia-l <wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org> im Auftrag von
Matthew Flaschen <mflasc...@wikimedia.org>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2017 04:46
An: wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Betreff: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Draft Code of Conduct for Technical Spaces

On 02/21/2017 05:42 PM, Erik Bernhardson wrote:
>> It's not particularly clear hear, which community? The developers of
> mediawiki-core? extension developers? people who attend hackathons and
> such? It seems all of these groups have been bombarded with calls to
> participate in the process over the last year and have had plenty of
> opportunity to be heard. That only a small group of WMF staff have decided
> to participate, almost entirely in their free time as volunteers and not
> paid employees, doesn't seem to change that.

I agree that it's been widely announced in the appropriate venues (e.g.
wikitech-l and other lists, Phabricator, MediaWiki.org).  Ultimately,
what matters is whether they are a participant in the technical
community, not whether they are a volunteer or staff.  However, both
volunteers and staff participants have joined the CoC process.

Matt Flaschen