I don't think the WMF is "trying to exempt itself from its own creation",
it is simpy giving its own staff a privileged position within it.  Anyone
who makes a complaint against a member of staff will have the privacy of
their complaint breached by having details sent to the WMF with its
millions of dollars and its staff of lawyers whose remit is to protect the
Foundation, not the volunteers.  That creates a two-tier system within the
technical community and is bound to have a chilling effect on complaints of
that kind.

Nonetheless, the question I think we should focus on is, should the code as
written be put to the Community for approval and, if so, how?

"Rogol"