Christophe,

Thanks for the comments.

I think of WMF Board membership as being similar to ENWP Arbcom or some
event committee memberships in the sense that doing the roles well often
seems to require a near-martyrdom level of commitment. I'd like to see some
ceilings on workloads for volunteers, and that includes the WMF Board if
Board members aren't going to be compensated for their time. One way to
enable those ceilings to be realistic, as we've discussed in this thread,
is to provide support from paid staff for routine work, organizing
communications, preparing reports, writing grant requests, etc. I guess my
priorities in no particular order are that (1) work gets done in a timely
and reasonably high-quality manner, (2) people don't get burnt out. I'm in
favor of using funds to support the community in achieving those goals.

By the way, I'm also aware that taking on roles like WMF Board membership,
ENWP Arbcom, etc. means dealing with a seemingly endless string of
complaints and requests, and I appreciate your making efforts to do a good
job.

Pine