Pine,

Has there been a recent substantial discussion by the community surrounding
promotional/biased editting paid or otherwise, which had an outcome
resulting in a specific request for assistance or increased action by the
WMF?

If there hasn't, I do not see grounds for you to be expecting an official
response from Legal to a list whose conversation has for the most part
consisted of about 6 people?

Many others, I am sure, would rightly complain if the Foundation
unilaterally made decisions in this area. But please be realistic, this is
a coffee table discussion. The views expressed here are valid but the right
thing to do would be to further the conversation on wiki and have a proper
community conversation. We have mechanisms exactly for this kind of thing.
Lets actually use them.

Seddon