On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 7:12 PM, Risker <risker...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have yet to see any indication in numerous discussions about Tor that I
> have read and/or participated in that our technical geniuses (and I say
> that with warmth and honesty) really give a lot of thought to the legal and
> social implications of providing active support to the dark web.

​My entire experience with Tor has been through human rights activists who
fear for their lives.

It is unclear to me how allowing people, who have legitimate security
concerns, to read and contribute to open knowledge, is "actively supporting
the dark web". ​At least on TV, the "dark web" is a very loaded term.

The proposal (as I understand it) would not allow any Tor user to do
anything other than access our projects. That's different from setting up a
general Tor entry or exit node, which would facilitate other uses.

​Kevin​