For what it's worth - and this might explain some people's circumstances:
I see many fundraising banners each year, even though I'm logged in, but
the reason I see them is because I've clicked on a Wikipedia article link
while using a third-party website (e.g. from Facebook, or twitter). In
those cases when I land on the wikipedia article i'm still within the
'mini-broswer' of facebook etc and the fundraising banner system can not
know that I'm logged in on my primary browser. This happen equally on my
desktop and then also on my mobile phone.

So, while it is true that the WMF is not showing banners to logged in
people, it is equally true that I see a lot of banners (when I've clicked
on wikipedia links from within other websites/platforms). No one is lying -
it's just we're talking about what we mean by 'logged in' differently.

This does not explain every possible circumstance, for every person, for
why people in this thread are saying that they see banners even though
they're logged in. But it is one explanation of a common situation that
might explain things for some people.

Hope that helps,
-Liam / Wittylama

wittylama.com