To all on the list, *this is characterization is filled with obvious lies.*

The DMCA was filed a month ago simply *DID NOT TAKE the site down*.[1]
Henrique quickly took down the article offending copyright and Godaddy
allowed it to continue to be hosted.[2]

Henrique is a paid contractor of the user group Wiki Education Brazil that
has repeatedly harassed several members of our user group (Joalpe and
myself included). And is probably here acting as a Meatpuppet of another
user who is under an Office action interaction ban to interact with either
myself or João.

That he goes on an international platform to call on the Dean of the
university were João works is egregious harassment and WMF should not only
impose severe sanctions, but review both the grant and affiliation
agreements with the "user group" were this comes from.

On the merits, after the event the organizer harassed several of our
members, and to me it is completely understandable that João does not want
his name attached to an event that harassed him and others. There was on
more than one occasion hints of physical violence from a member of Wiki
Education Brazil, and at one point those hints came to level of actually
using the words "beating" in reference to another member of our user group,
Teles, who was also called a famous Wikipedia despot, that he needed
psychiatric attention, and that he needed to find a boyfriend on a public
facebook thread.

The CC-BY 3.0 Henrique alleges to have on the article is clearly invalid
for several reasons, one being he did not have one from the co-authors of
the work. Even if he did, Brazilian law supersedes it and clearly states
that the author has the inalienable moral right to revoke any license and
remove from circulation in any form when the use represents an affront to
his image or reputation.[3] That Henrique confesses that he, and the user
banned from interacting with myself or Joalpe, knew that license was not
given by João and that an explicit revocation was placed onwiki, only makes
the copyright violation willful and demonstrates that no assumption of good
faith can be reasonably made. This was an explicit provocation from the
"User Group" Wiki Education Brazil to João.

Best to all on the Wikimedia Movement,

Hoping for a movement with less tolerance for harassment,

Chico Venancio (User:Chicocvenancio)