On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 3:36 PM James Salsman <jsals...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 10:15 PM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > WMF APs consistently fail to meet my expectations
>
> Pine do you have a list of specific flaws somewhere? You have good
> advice, but I've lost track of much of it.

ha, yes, me too. i particularly love measurements like "Wikipedia is
meaningful to 1 billion women", or "The number of English Wikipedia
administrators who report having the skills and tools to intervene in cases
of harassment increases by 25%". my first thought WMF wants to fire
somebody and assign measuring the two to this person :) but this cannot be,
there must be something i do not know behind it.

the 25% growth in budget is impressive, from 76 mio to 93 mio. the global
economy gows by 3.1 % [r1]. currently 5-10 pages are viewed per person [r2]
- to me a penetration hard to beat without offering additional content. i'd
be really interested about the reasoning behind this growth target.

[r1]
http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2018/06/05/global-economy-to-expand-by-3-1-percent-in-2018-slower-growth-seen-ahead
having
[r2] every person views 10 pages a month:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/WiViVI_panel_breakdown_by_country_for_GlobalNorth.png

rupert

> From: Katherine Maher <kma...@wikimedia.org> Date: 6/29/18  5:43 PM
Funds Dissemination Committee List <f...@lists.wikimedia.org>, "Staff (All)"
<wmf...@lists.wikimedia.org>, wikimediaannounce-l <
wikimediaannounc...@lists.wikimedia.org> Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] The
Wikimedia Foundation's FY18-19 Annual Plan is

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Annual_Plan/2018-2019/Final