Hi Gerard,

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 2:26 PM Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> but really
> why can we not have the data that allows us to seek out what people are
> actually looking for and do not find..

Please open a Phabricator task for this request at
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org . Please add Research as a tag and
add me as one of the subscribers. I'd like to work with you on a
concrete proposal. A few items to consider as you're expanding the
description of the task:

* We won't be able to release raw search queries as they come to
Wikimedia servers. That is for privacy reasons.

* You also likely don't need raw search queries. If you can be
specific about what you want to have access to, as much as possible,
that can help us get started with scoping the problem. I'm looking for
something along these lines: "I want to be able to see a monthly list
of top n search terms in language x that result in 0 search results or
results where the user does not click on any of the search results
offered." The more specific, the better. If you are in doubt, put some
description and we can iterate on it.

Best,
Leila
p.s. The goal of this exercise is to have an open question ready (with
all the details one needs to know) for the next time we will have a
volunteer researcher to work with us.