From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
David Goodman
Sent: 12 March 2019 07:15
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] How diverse are your readers?

"with popular topics cannibalizing resources."

What resources can be cannibalized?   The limiting resource in WP is
interested people writing, improving, and validating  articles.  People
choose their own topics.  This is different from an organization where
staff can be directed to work on what the management think is important.

I, for example, almost totally avoid most aspects of what is popular
culture--I am neither competent nor interested. ) The topics I work on are
those that interest me, mainly academic biographies. I'm sure most  people
do not think them important.  We're volunteers, and must tolerate each
others interests.

David Goodman

DGG at the enWP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:DGG