The price really depends on the project selected and can vary from less
than a dollar to close to $20 per tonne, and the cheaper projects do not
necessarily have less of an impact (more likely they have fewer levels of
independent verification).

Do note that apart from the company recommended on the Wikimania wiki,
there are other options out there. For example, on the UNFCCC portal you
will find many in even under the $1/tonne range:
https://offset.climateneutralnow.org/allprojects if you check the
individual projects, there is quite a lot of detail and documentation
included to be able to have confidence that the money goes to the correct
place.
The ones that come with further certification can cost more of course, with
the projects on the Gold Standard website being on the $10-15/tonne price
range (they have a "basket" of projects option at $11[1]), and Terrapass
chosen by the organisers of Wikmania also seem to be around the $9 mark
(they count in pounds for some reason on their website).

For personal offsetting I am quite happy to go by the UN site and I think
that is a good start to starting offsetting if one did not do it before. If
one has more resources or time, they can spend it on selecting projects
that meet their specific criteria (for example, social impacts beyond
climate impacts, projects in specific geographic regions, or an extra level
of certification) taking into account the extra cost.

Best regards,
Bence

[1] https://www.goldstandard.org/take-action/offset-your-emissions,
https://www.goldstandard.org/projects/climate-portfolio-variety-projects