I would suggest taking a different approach. Paying for carbon offsets does not
further Wikimedia’s goals. It is, at best, a shortcut to brownie points as
measured by other organisations. Requiring volunteers to pay extra for carbon
offsets is doubly worse as they can’t then spend that money on their other
Wikimedia activities.

Instead, perhaps we could invest in projects that will improve our coverage of
climate change? Imagine the impact that improving our freely licensed
information about climate change could make. Good/featured articles about the
organisations that have been named here already? More referenced information in
the articles on this topic? More images to illustrate those articles? If that
doesn’t make a difference, then we have to answer a rather more fundamental
question about our impact on the world.

Thanks,
Mike