‫בתאריך יום ה׳, 12 בדצמ׳ 2019 ב-16:54 מאת ‪Samuel Klein‬‏ <‪
meta...@gmail.com‬‏>:‬

> Nice find, thanks for sharing!
>
> Amir: yes, we need global templates -- a framework for them and incremental
> way editors and tools can migrate to that.  What's the latest overview of
> where that work sits?   What can we all do to help?

Thanks :)

If you have time, read
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Global_templates/Proposed_specification and
feel very free to *disagree* with it. I wrote most of it, but I don't want
to own it. Poke holes in it. Challenge its assumptions. Tell me where is it
wrong, why it cannot be implemented, or what problems will it cause if it
is implemented.
If you have less time, read
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Global_templates/Proposed_specification,_short_version
.
Add your comments on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Global_templates/Discuss
.
Tell your friends from all wikis and languages about it.

No, this is obviously not the only thing that will make our sites' design
modern. But of all the blockers, this one is the most important elephant in
the room. Without addressing this problem, there will be no revolution in
our design. At least not for all wikis and all users. I can explain why,
but I don't want to hijack the thread too much.