‫בתאריך יום ה׳, 12 בדצמ׳ 2019 ב-16:54 מאת ‪Samuel Klein‬‏ <‪
meta...@gmail.com‬‏>:‬

> Nice find, thanks for sharing!
>
> Amir: yes, we need global templates -- a framework for them and incremental
> way editors and tools can migrate to that.  What's the latest overview of
> where that work sits?   What can we all do to help?

... Oh, and as for the "overview of where that work sits"—this work doesn't
exist as an official project of any kind, as the pages to which I linked
explain. It needs a commitment from a lot of community members and
Foundation teams and managers. At a recent Wikimedia Tech Conference in
Atlanta there were some very good discussions about this topic, and the
Phabricator links that appear throughout
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Global_templates/Proposed_specification are
the result of these discussions, but that's just a high-level plan. It's
better than what we had two months ago because it's a more modular plan
now, but it's still just a theoretical plan. What is to be done is quite
well-understood, but who will do it and when—not so much.