With regards to other states, I have a Working with Children card from the
WA government and I'm certainly willing to assist any efforts here.

With regard to national curriculum, I'm fairly sure it will never happen
despite both Labor and Liberal federal governments pushing for one. There
are state politics and rivalries involved and in particular South Australia
and Victoria will refuse to go backwards to accommodate NSW, and WA would as
a matter of course resist any national system which doesn't allow it
considerable (read: almost complete) autonomy. VET and TAFE has more
successfully integrated into a (sort of) national curriculum because it's
much more connected to industry and the funding arrangements favour talking
to the Federal government for all sorts of reasons.

cheers
Andrew