Don't forget that we have DET employees, teachers and other educators
amongst our own numbers either (including at least one board member). Given
they've got a solid understanding of Wiki as well they're probably the best
starting point before we start approaching the wider community - one of the
strengths of Liam's approach to these organisations, it must be remembered,
was that he had a fair degree of background knowledge from his own
professional experience so he was able to speak some if not all of their
language when communicating with them.

Also, schools don't have equal access to online resources - the school I
worked at in 2007 (a large state high school) you had to book the lab at
least a week in advance and could only get it for an hour, and there was no
net access in the classrooms. As such, the resource plan would have to
consider how they might be used by teachers - i.e. trying to ensure maximum
uptake and that we actually have a useful product.

I'm happy to help from the WA side, although I am of the firm belief that
*Wikipedia* (as opposed to other Wiki-based delivery methods) as such is not
the most useful avenue to do this. In my field, the articles are far too
technical / high-level for the high school students to understand (or in
some cases even me, and I have a degree minor in the stuff!) and often have
concepts in them which are not within the various Australian curricula. (I
say various as I think the national curriculum will end up failing due to
state-federal rivalries - it will end up as a bunch of state curricula
trying to achieve core points agreed federally).

cheers
Andrew