On 2009-Nov-30 10:42:49 +1100, private musings <thepmacco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>that here in Sydney, we're shooting for one more mini-meetup before
>christmas,

I think this might be being hopeful.

> it would be great to get as many folk along as possible, and on a
>related note, I've just created http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Meetups to see
>if a centralised meetup area on the 'official' wiki might help - please do
>add info. from other states as appropriate :-)

IMHO, the major downside of moving the local meetups page to the
WM-AU server is that only WM-AU members have editing rights.  This
means that people who aren't members, for whatever reason, aren't
able to comment.  My feeling is that this will discourage people.

--
Peter Jeremy