I agree with what Peter Jeremy said. I don't mind there being a
supplementary meetup page on the chapter site, but it seems rather
superfluous, redundant and unnecessary. At present only 22 (or less than
half) current members have accounts which means that only a very small
number of Australian Wikimedians can even edit the Wiki, so it strikes me as
very redundant to be organising anything but official chapter events on the
website and I think it is better to continue to focus on organising regular
meetups which aren't chapter events on the WP meetup pages (or perhaps
meta).