On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 11:15:35PM +1030, Karl Goetz wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:57:02 +1100
> Brian Salter-Duke <b_d...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 11:09:58AM +1100, Peter Halasz wrote:
> > > So lock those specific pages. Have you ever used Wikipedia? Do you
> > > think it would exist if they were worried only about representation?
> >
> > I will try to respond to this debate, wearing my hat as Public Officer
> > of WMAU later, but for now let me just say that our official wiki is
> > not like wikipedia. It is much more like:
>
> I assume this means this is your personal view?

It is my personal view but based on my experience as Public Officer
since the start of Wikimedia Australia.

> >  http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Main_Page
> >
> > As an incorporated association we have legal obligations to the
> > community via CAV, not only to the membership. This means the issue of
>
> For those of us not in the know, what is CAV, and can you provide a
> reference to it for us to look at?

CAV is Consumer Affairs Victoria and is the body that administers our
incorporation. The general link is:-

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/

but you need to click on to look under Associations, Clubs & Fundraising
and then to incorporated associations. It is not just incorporation. We
are a legal entitity. We now have approval to fund raise in Victoria. We
have an ABN. We will be applying for deductible gift recipient (DGR)
status. I will give a more thought through response to the question of
access later when I have woken up properly.

Brian.

--
Brian Salter-Duke bd...@wikimedia.org.au publicoffi...@wikimedia.org.au
     Committee member and Public Officer, Wikimedia Australia Inc.