On 8 March 2014 21:54, Craig Franklin <cfrank...@halonetwork.net> wrote:

> For what it's worth, this is something I thought about a lot during my
> time involved with WMAU.
>
> I don't think an Indigenous language Wikipedia is going to be viable in
> the short term.

It would be nice for there to be a way to recognise Aboriginal perspectives.
Citing is likely to be a challenge.

Once I showed some community women in Maree the page for Maree
It said her language was extinct. She said it was not.
I posted to the talk page that local people did still speak the language.
But the source was a living person whereas the extinction was citing a
published book.

Is there a different kind of wiki project which could accommodate that kind
of perspective/source.
Is it possible to make articles which are relevant in their relevant
languages?
Not make a full wikipedia but capture descriptions of communities and
places in the relevant language?

just a thought