Hi Janet,

One thing that most of us (who are generally only English speakers) don't
take into account is that a lot of the "rules" that we have on Wikipedia
are actually English Wikipedia rules.  Verifiability, notability, etc
guidelines are pretty broad, but some language Wikipedias may choose to
have different standards.  It's all decided by the community for that
particular language.

Regards,

Charles