Am 16.01.2014 15:09, schrieb Ilario Valdelli:
> Personally I am in contact with the School of Cinema of Lugano to
> investigate a partnership and as soon I said that Commons accepts only
> open format like ogg... there was a general unsatisfaction.
>
> The proposal was to upload in another website in proprietary format and
> after convert in open format.

I have done a project together with Nando with Schweizer Fernsehen (SF).
It is quite simple to make a batch processing and upload - eg. a DVD
full of videos in the original file format plus an Excel sheet with the
meta-data of these file. I run a script which converts the files to
WebM, sets the metadata and uploads the files to Commons.

/Manuel

Lausanne, +41 (21) 34066-22 - www.wikimedia.ch