Am 16.01.2014 15:28, schrieb Ilario Valdelli:
> Yes... the problem is to explain what is ogg.
>
> Doing transcoding with an unknown format may be a challenge.

there is no challenge, they simply don't have to deal with it at all.
They give the data in their format, we convert it. Once on Commons you
can view it in the browser without needing to know what the hell Ogg (or
WebM) is.

And by the way, I wouldn't use Ogg anyway but WebM, which is much
broader used. It's a format by Google, that should tell enough to those
who don't know what it is.
Firefox and several other browsers have WebM - some even Ogg - already
built-in.

/Manuel
Lausanne, +41 (21) 34066-22 - www.wikimedia.ch