The ads don't show up on https, ONLY on http.
It doesn't matter which browser you use, IE or Chrome. I use IE, Opera and
I see no ads, but several cyber cafes I use have these ads EVEN on Firefox,
and Chrome.

Inkfruit, probably doesn't have anything to do with this, I suggest you all
take a good look at a content provider called 'Conduit' who is the culprit
behind these.

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Anirudh Bhati <anirudh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Debanjan Bandyopadhyay <
> debast...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmmm...that maybe true but what else can we do, I mean, Inkfruit has to
>> be involved somewhere in this right? Think about it, if you were an ad
>> injecting virus, why would you randomly inject ads that too of inkfruit?
>> For people who face these ads, are the ads appearing only on wikipedia or
>> other websites also? If I am not wrong, if this is the work of a malware,
>> it would display the ad on each and every website you visit and not just
>> specifically Wikipedia. If its only Wikipedia and the ad is only Inkfruit,
>> I'd really say, if nothing can be done via code, legal needs to be
>> involved. If its a non-specific malware, just clean your systems, I guess
>> and inform others.
>>
>> Rather, I'd say, instead of not going public with this, if it gets too
>> frequent, go public. Display a banner on top of Wiki stating that if you
>> see ads on Wikipedia that is not at all related to Wiki, rather you should
>> check your system for malware. The point is people should not assume, that
>> Wikipedia has started ads.
>>

> I don't think the enwp community will agree to acknowledge the malware by
> putting up a worldwide banner.  Most of our users don't face this problem,
> and the only problem devices are those which have been compromised.
>
> The only effective resolution would be when Google and MS agree to patch
> this up.

Regards,
Srikanth Ramakrishnan.