From: Thomas Dalton <thomas.dal...@gmail.com>
Sent: 16 February 2009 19:27
To: wikimediauk-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Wikimediauk-l] Wikimania Budget committee

2009/2/16 joseph seddon <life_is_bitter_sw...@hotmail.co.uk>:
 > That may be but previous bids have gotten by. We need to assume that there
 > is no international sponsorship. We are running out of time fast. We have to
 > go with worst case scenario.

 We have a month and a half left, we need to keep moving, but there's
 no need to rush. I guess out first step is to put together a list of
 costs, then we can work out minimum and desired values for each. So,
 here goes:

 * Venue hire
 * Catering
 * Parties venue hire/catering
 * Security (possibly comes with venue - I'm not really sure what we
 need in this regard, but I guess some kind of security would be good)
 * Travel/accommodation sponsorship
 * VIP expenses

 Have I missed anything? (I expect I have.)

 And a list of income sources:

 * Sponsors
 * Ticket sales

 I think that's it.

 I'm not sure we can just assume there won't be any international
 sponsorship, since we need to know whether we should be contacting
 multinationals or not. If the WMF aren't going to do that (which they
 really should), then we should be contacting the UK branches of all
 the multinationals listed at
http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Sponsors