> You probably meant just "README". This is an interesting comparison. So, if
> an extension lacks a README file, and that extension's maintainer refuses
> to put one in, should the extension be deleted from the Wikimedia
> repository?

Let's back away from the ledge of deleting stuff. I'm not arguing for that here.

What I'm trying to get across (text lacks subtly) is that the
community is asking for you to include this file. You have refused on
grounds of a lack of explicit clarity. I'm trying to say not
everything is written down, nor does it need to be. The letter and the
spirt. :) Your peers are asking for your consideration of something
that impacts folks outside of your person. We have given this a great
deal of our attention and time. Please consider the advice of folks
who consider you a peer as well. Add the file not because it's
explicitly demanded of you, but because the community is asking you to
do so. It doesn't harm your code. It provides clarity around
expectations on how we work together.

There are voices not present in this very public conversation. I have
been approached by a few that do not feel comfortable participating
here. I don't want to see anyone's contributions deleted. I also don't
want to see an exception made in this particular case because we as a
community haven't written it down somewhere.

I'll ask you plainly and directly. Yaron, will you please add the file
to your repos?

Yours,
Chris Koerner
clkoerner.com