On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 4:13 PM MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> I think the Code of Conduct Committee _is_ arguing that it's the use of
> the word "fuck" that was problematic here.

This is disingenuous, MZMcBride.  In the "New Wikimedia Foundation has soft
launched!" thread, you also wrote:
> I think this type of behavior by the communications department is really
inappropriate, unbecoming, and inconsistent with Wikimedia's values. [....]
> Ah, I see now. This is just some cruel waste of staff and volunteer time [
....]
> You ask for people to point out issues, even providing a link to
Phabricator Maniphest, and then gaslight them by closing the tasks and
telling them that the very obvious bug is intentional.

Apparently, that went on and was even escalated in the bug tracker, in
response to what looks like otherwise normal and harmless back-and-forth.

MZ, hopefully you recognize this is an abusive way to treat other people.
Silencing anyone is rarely appropriate, but your behavior in this earlier
thread was gross enough that I decided against participating.  In fact, I
had my own concerns about the new WMF site but you had already created a
toxic dynamic, effectively losing me (and undoubtedly others) as an ally in
that discussion.

That seems like exactly the sort of thing the Code of Conduct exists to
prevent, so I agree with their actions in silencing you in order to make
space for other voices.

Thank you for your energy and insights, and I hope we can work together to
root out the bad decisions and corruption, without this nonsense of having
to bail you out of Phabricator jail every few months.

-Adam Wight