Wikimedia-l is not a technical mailing list.

That said I personally think that any sort of effective CoC would have take
actions on other spaces into account when it is about a matter that is in
coc juridsiction (otherwise harrasment would just move off wiki). The more
concerning part to me is that the rationale email mcbride did not mention
this. If this was indeed part of the reason then the user should be told
that.

More concerningly it seems there have been multiple contradictory opinions
on what mcbride's offense was in this thread. How can he
fix his faults if nobody seems to agree what they are. How can other users
avoid falling into the same trap if appearently our norms of behaviour are
so underspecified that even when provided with the email statement from the
CoC comittee about why he was blocked people seem to have differing
opinions on what he actually did wrong?

--
brian

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Overview#MediaWiki_and_technical