Adam Wight wrote:
>Silencing anyone is rarely appropriate, but your behavior in this earlier
>thread was gross enough that I decided against participating.  In fact, I
>had my own concerns about the new WMF site but you had already created a
>toxic dynamic, effectively losing me (and undoubtedly others) as an ally
>in that discussion.
>
>That seems like exactly the sort of thing the Code of Conduct exists to
>prevent, so I agree with their actions in silencing you in order to make
>space for other voices.

The wikimedia-l mailing list is very specifically not within the purview
of the mediawiki.org "Code of Conduct" or its associated committee. Your
suggestion that I'm being punished for actions outside its remit is pretty
dark and disturbing. This, of course, sets aside the obvious fact that
disabling a Phabricator account has no effect on mailing list access.

>Thank you for your energy and insights, and I hope we can work together to
>root out the bad decisions and corruption, without this nonsense of having
>to bail you out of Phabricator jail every few months.

A simple solution would be not jailing people. :-)  There's no shortage of
bad decisions and corruption around Wikimedia Foundation Inc., so I
imagine we'll be on the same side once more in short order.

MZMcBride