From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Jason Cook
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 6:08 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] 2.4 GHz Interference

Still learning my way through signatures but I have been caught out before
with the anaylzer being too close to a wifi source

Below shows this on channel 132, using iperf  for a data burst in the first
image the anaylzer is 1m away from a Mac Air,

In the second it’s a few centimetres away from it. You can really see the
impact on neighbouring channels at that distance  (I think there’s even a
bit in the 36-40 area)

I now keep the anaylzer away from wifi devices as much as possible :)

--

Jason Cook

Technology Services

The University of Adelaide, AUSTRALIA 5005

Ph    : +61 8 8313 4800