From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Sandra Bury
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 11:02 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Backup power

Good morning -

I would be interested to know how many of you include UPS purchases for
switches in each network closet in your campus deployments. If you do not build
in backup power, do you put your switches on a maintenance contract, or do you
pay to replace them when they fail outside of warranty?

Thanks very much.

Sandy

Sandra H. Bury
Executive Director, Computing Services
Information Resources and Technology
Bradley University
309-677-2808
sa...@bradley.edu<mailto:sa...@bradley.edu>

[https://www.bradley.edu/global/images/emailsig_wordmark.gif]

http://www.educause.edu/discuss.
This e-mail message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL or PRIVILEGED material. Any unauthorized
intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the
original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive
communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.