http://www.internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/3525631

The next headline: Desperate Telco DSL partners look to wireless as salvation.
Telcos clean up stealing ISP DSL customers.
Spectrum Auction Prices Jump in Value as DSL 1 year transition period ends

So yes, WISPs will be the remaining alternative to DSL / Cable in 12 months, cause you ain't going to get the FCC or any Anti-trust legislation, Telcos don't want to share 'their' copper infrastructure, (which the wrote off many years ago through tax breaks)

The opportunity here is for the Covad's of the world to join forces with the WISPs to create low cost national alternatives to DSL and Cable.

Will the FCC recognize WISPs and WISPA as a driving force?
Will the FCC give the public back more spectrum? Since we all own it to begin with. Will WISPs be able to compete and innovate in the every tightening political environment which is Telco and large company centric?

I think, only if WISPA wins.

JNA wrote:

We need more spectrum that is *our* spectrum not just spectrum to have
spectrum. Sure we have what we have but we are sharing it with devices other
than what we use that help trash it.

John

Tom, I had to go and read where I said we don't need more spectrum.
Sadly I cannot find that statement.

I did, however, say that we must learn to use what we have before we
should be given any more.  When someone is not responsible with their
spectrum allocation it is stupid to give them more and expect things
to be fixed by getting more.  We already have an incredible amount of
bandwidth, but it is being squandered by a few clueless people.

Lonnie