Well first off if my customers did a speed test and saw 256k My phones would be
ringing off the hook.  159.00?? Thats insane too, but if your getting more
power to you.  On the other hand if i was you I would search for more bandwidth
and a cost that doesnt bring your overhead up much.  Then I would open
customers up to more bandwidth and for alot less price. My customers are paying
40.00 a month and seeing 3-4meg down and 1meg up or more. Yeah seems cheap but
i have 100meg of internet bandwidth at a very affordable price and With that
price customers are signing up left and right. Anyways should you let him out
of the contract? I wouldnt thats what the contract is for, however i would find
a way to bump him up alot more in bandwidth and drop the price and then say ill
do this if you will renew with me plus with me your not a number your a
customer and if need be explain how with you if theres a issue you will resolve
it quickly. Also mention when he calls you he talks with the owner not some
highschool dipshit techie that doesnt know how to hardly turn on a machine. =)
Just put it in nicer words but thats the point you want to make to him. Your
not just supplying him bandwidth your supplying him support that he can depend
on also.  Best of luck with that situation.

--
Thanks,
Todd Lancaster