<snip>
It should be noted that of all organizations mentioned above that WISPA
is the only one that is federally recognized under CFR # 501c6 as a
non-profit trade association.. Every other entity listed above is
working to make a profit in their efforts and as such would likely be
looking to advance  individual  interests over those of the industry as
a whole. WISPA is designed to promote the efforts of WISP operators over
and above all other interests. As a matter of law we cannot act to allow
one WISP to be given more consideration from the efforts of this
organization than another. This means it is truly level ground for our
efforts going forward.
</snip>

As one of the abovementioned "for-profit" entities, it is worth noting that
there is nothing wrong w/ trying to make an honest buck <ducking>
That said, all the other industires (cellular, cable, telco) have their own
represented NOT-FOR-PROFIT association that pushes their interests in DC, if
you (as a WISP), don't bother to spend the time/money/energy supporting
WISPA, then don't complain if legislation leaves you in the dust

-Charles

CWLab
Technology Architects
http://www.cwlab.com