So these are just the licensed frequencies that will get mobile WIMAX.

There will be no unlicensed WIMAX mobile or fixed any time in 2006, is that correct?

One of the reasons I ask this is there is a group that claims they will be rolling out unlicensed mobile WIMAX here along the Oregon Coast sometime in the near future.
Considering that my terrain looks like this:

http://www.oregonfast.net/~gofast/Aerials/AERIAL2.JPG

Would you agree that maybe mobile WIMAX licensed or unlicensed would have many challenges?

George

Patrick Leary wrote:
The first profiles the WiMAX Forum will establish for mobile WiMAX
(802.16e-2005) will be for 2.3GHz (WCS bands) and 2.5GHz (2.5-2.696GHz BRS &
EBS bands). Commercial products confirming to the STANDARD will begin to hit
the market over the next few months, and these will take the form factor of
fixed products, but especially "portable" and nomadic, indoor only
self-install CPE. Later this year and early next year, this will likely be
bridged by PCMCIA versions by vendors until such time as the mass devices
makers begin to role out devices.
The first e-2005 WiMAX Certifications are not scheduled though to occur
until late this year. Officially, this certification is called "Wave III."
There will also be a fourth wave that tests for full mobility (i.e. includes
things like controllers and home agents).

Patrick Leary
AVP Marketing
Alvarion, Inc.
o: 650.314.2628