Sorry Tom....I am going to drive a truck through your remarks here.   :-)

Tom DeReggi wrote:

8% means...

You do not get preferrential treatment in legislation.

8% means that 8% of the people are using our service which means that our politicians have to look at how to serve the needs of those customers. It is not about us. It is about our customers. That is the job of public servants.

You do not get subsidees to foster growth of a startup industry.

Wrong. Grants, loans, etc. are based on needs of CUSTOMERS not of providers. USDA does not care if you get broadband to Farmer Dan via a string between two tin cans if it works. By the way, I was the first broadband in my town, we are not a startup industry any more.

You get taxed equally as telcos and cable companies.

Do you really think tax policy is different if you serve 8% than if you serve 1/2%? I assure you if the broadband tax cometh, you will be paying, regardless of how many customers you serve.

ISPs have a viable alternative, so LECs no longer need to share their networks with ISPs.

<scriv laughing> Like AT&T is so open with their network? PLEASE!

8% is a HUGE percentage of market share. I'm not sure we want to take credit for that.
At this stage I think it could work against us.

There is only good that can come from people thinking 8% of the US is getting their service from us. We have been on the radar for a long time. Now it is time to deliver broadband over that radar! (That reminds me...where is that 5.4 GHz band!)
:-)
Scriv

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Scrivner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>