To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: 911 compliance (was Re: [WISPA] VoIP as a service offering -Skype, Yahoo, MS)

Tom DeReggi wrote:

However, I believe it is allowed, that if at the provider's switch, they intercept 911 calls, and redirect to a pots line connected to the providers switch, it complies.

That is incorrect. What gives you that impression?

So if you ahve a local regional switch and terminate local regional offices to that switch, the Pots line at the providers switch would give an appropriate location for the subscriber to 911. Is that correct?

That is incorrect. A POTS line will only be able to provide ANI/ALI information as configured by the LEC providing the POTS line, which will not match the subscriber's call that you are routing through it.

-Matt