From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Butch Evans
Sent: 07 September 2006 04:50
To: WISPA General List
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Bragging on Mikrotik

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Paul Hendry wrote:

>It was my understanding that using Mikrotik, EoIP, WDS and RSTP you
>could achieve a similar thing with only 1-2 ping drops per handoff
>between AP's at least that's what is being claimed by some on the
>MK forum. We are just about to test such a setup to facilitate a
>roaming VoIP solution so 5-7 ping failures is going to be too
>noticeable.

You can do this with the combinations you mentioned.  The parameters
I was given to work with made a routed network a better design
choice.  Some may argue that a huge outdoor bridge with many subs
running on something like WDS is a good network architecture.  I
happen to disagree (and experience tells me that I am correct in my
opinion).  If you called me and asked me to build the VoIP solution
you mentioned, then I would design the network around that need,
although I would tell the people I was working for that there are
going to be certain limitations to the network design.

--
Butch Evans
http://www.butchevans.com/