Butch, to do Layer 3 fast roaming, Cisco uses GRE tunnels into a WLSM module.
That combined with CCX extensions allow them to do under 50 ms handoffs.
Supposedly, just the CCX extensions make it possible for under 150 ms handoffs.
I wonder if it is possible for Mikrotik to implement any of these protocols.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/ccx/versions_and_features.shtml

John