I started with.... RB 532 on tower. It comes down 265 feet to poe injector to router. Major packet loss.
2)  switched RB 532 out.  No change.
3) Created test setup on ground with "bad board" and it looked fine. (from laptop--6ft cable----poe----265 ft---RB)
4) Blamed it on the cable, and got a cable certifier from a friend.
5) Right before climb, I re did the test setup on the ground. This time I plugged the 265 feet into the actual router instead of my laptop. The problen was back. (I was bummed) 6) One final test. Get another 265 foot cable. I used 265ft for power and 265ft for data to eth 2 or 3. Problem solved. I can only speculate that the chipset on RB 532 poe port is diffrent from the chipset on eth 2/3. And for whatever reason it was not compatable with cable, hardware, ect.....setup. I may never know for sure why, but I have the workaround. Good enough for me.

FWIW I ended up pulling 2 new cables (all 3 certified fine). I used the original cable for data (it has "real" shield) I used my new 2 (cheapo foil shield) for power and slapped the other into eth3 for the heck of it.

Lessons learned for next time. Measure cable, crimp, and power up on ground using the EXACT same everything as what the final deployment will have. And then test.

Hope that sums it all up.

Ok to directly answer your question. Yes. I did this on the ground test unit.

Brian
Rohrbacher

Paul Hendry wrote:

Brian,

Just out of interest, did you try running both power and data over the new
cable and did you still see the same issue?

P.